1. General information about Pruszkowie
2. Culture in Pruszkowie
3. Sports in Pruszkowie
4. Education in Pruszkowie
5. Social assistance in Pruszkowie
6. Medicine in Pruszkowie
7. History of Pruszkowa
8. Population of Pruszkowa
9. Public transport in Pruszkowie
10. Economy Pruszkowa
11. Nature in Pruszkowie
1. General information about Pruszkowie
Pruszków - a city in Poland, located in the Masovian Voivodeship, the center of the Pruszkowskiego district, on the river Utratą. Pruszków is part of the Warsaw agglomeration.
As of December 31, 2021, Pruszków had a population of 65,333 and was the fifth most populated city (after Warszawie, Radomiu, Płocku and Siedlcach) in the Mazowieckim Voivodeship.
The noble village Pruskowo was located in 1580 in the Warszawskim district of the Warszawskiej land of the Mazowieckiego Voivodeship. In the Second Polish Republic, the city of Pruszków belonged to the voivodship and district of Warsaw. In 1975–1998, the city administratively belonged to the Warsaw Voivodeship.
Pruszków is part of the Warszawskiej metropolitan area. Aleje Jerozolimskie leads from Warsaw to Pruszków, which continues to Pruszkow Aleje Wojska Polskiego.
Pruszków received city rights on November 9, 1916.
The city is located about 15 km from the border with Warsaw and functions as a county town with numerous institutions, public administration, health care and social welfare institutions, educational, cultural and sports institutions.
The city of Pruszków is a municipal gmina located in the western part of the województwa Mzowieckiego, in the Pruszkowskim poviat, of which it is the administrative center. It is part of the monocentric Warsaw agglomeration, which includes the capital and 71 gminas located in its vicinity. These units are functionally and spatially related to each other. Pruszków is located southwest of the country's capital and voivodeship, but does not directly border it (only 5 km from the border). The city is located on the Łowico-Błońskiej plain, on the river Utratą.
The total area of the city is 19.19 km2. Pruszków borders on the city of Piastów and the communes Michałowice and Brwinów from the Pruszkowskiego county and Ożarów Mazowiecki from the Warszawskiego Zachodniego county. The city is divided into six parts: Bąki, Gąsin, Malichy, Ostoja, Tworki and Żbików.
The total area of the city is 1,919 hectares, of which residential development (single-apartment and multi-apartment) occupies an area of 29.1%, green spaces (built-up, non-built-up, trees, allotments and household plots - 25.2%), areas intended for transport communication - 18%, areas with production and service functions - about 10.4% of the city area. Relatively the smallest area is occupied by service buildings. In relation to the area of the entire city, only about 8.3% is used for agricultural purposes, with outbuildings and agricultural production (about 9%).
Emergency numbers in Pruszkowie:
Municipal police 22 758 66 49
Emergency number 112
Fire department 998, 22 758 72 16
Police 997, 22 758-60-81 to 85
Ambulance 999, 22 755 52 22
Municipal Guard of the City of Pruszkow 986, 22 758 66 49
Water emergency service 994, 22 445 62 00
Emergency heating service 993, 22 587 52 84
Emergency gas service 992, 22 667 31 00
Energy emergency 991, 22 738 24 10
Crisis Management Group (ZZK) 22 735 87 13
2. Culture in Pruszkowie
The advantage of the city is also a developed cultural base. In Pruszkowie there is the Municipal Cultural Center. A. Kaminskiego (Miejski Ośrodek Kultury im. A. Kamińskiego), Pruszkowska im. Henryk Sienkiewicz (Książnica Pruszkowska), which includes the main subscription library, 2 reading rooms and 9 library branches, the Museum of Ancient Mazovian Metallurgy. Stefana Woydy Museum (Muzeum Starożytnego Hutnictwa Mazowieckiego im. Stefana Woydy), Museum DULAG 121, Youth Cultural Center and Folk Dance Ensemble "Pruszkowiacy".
The facility manager, which combines activities related to sports, culture and business services, is Centrum Kultury i Sportu Sp. s o. O. in Pruszkow together with the modern building of the Cultural Heritage Centre. It has a concert hall, auditorium and ballet halls, as well as gyms with a sauna complex, conference rooms, office space, rehabilitation rooms, a patio with a climbing wall, and catering areas.
Centrum Kultury i Sportu will be discussed in the section "Sports in Pruszkowie".
Let's talk in more detail about the cultural institutions in Pruszkowie.
* Folk Dance Ensemble "Pruszkowiacy" (Zespół Tańca Ludowego "Pruszkowiacy")
The Folk Dance Ensemble "PPruszkowiacy" was founded in February 1979. Since June 1, 2004, the Pruszkowiacy Folk Dance Ensemble has been a cultural institution of the municipality of Pruszków.
The artistic program of the Ensemble is filled with melodies, songs and dances from the following regions: Łowicz, Warsaw, Kurpe, Kolbielski, Rzeszow, Nowy Sącz, Krakow, Podhale, Silesia, Lublin, Kashub. The group's repertoire includes national dances (Polonaise, Mazur, Krakovyak, Oberek), as well as dances taken from the folklore of other peoples, Belarusian, Moldovan, Ukrainian and Georgian.
For 40 years of activity "Pruszkowiacy" have won many valuable awards at national festivals. The group performed in many concert halls /Congress Hall, Wielki Theatre, Polski Theatre/. In 2018, the Team moved to the building of the Cultural Heritage Center.
Currently, the ensemble has 160 people who dance and sing in seven groups. In addition to numerous concerts where the ensemble presents its traditional repertoire, the group also promotes a modern approach to folklore.
The Pruszkowiacy Folk Dance Ensemble has been characterized by youth, joy and dynamism for many years. Beautiful multi-colored costumes, excellent choreography and musical and vocal side allow "Pruszkowice" for many years to enjoy the recognition of the audience in the country and abroad.
* Municipal Cultural Center. A. Kaminskiego
Miejski Ośrodek Culture im. Aleksandra Kamińskiego "Kamyka" organizes classes in numerous areas of interest: art, music, visual arts, movement, dance, science. In recent years, there has been a significant increase in interest in this type of program offering. In order to meet the needs of the local community, about 60 different forms of activities are organized, which attract about 1600 participants, including:
There are activities for children such as:
"Ballet", "Ceramics", "Children's Academy of Music", "English Constructors", "Handmade English", "Mathematics", "Melomalyushka's Musical Adventure", "Lego Robotics", "Jumping Notes", "Art Workshops" ”, “Academy of Artistic Needlework”, Capoeira, Art for Smyk, Children's Drawing and Painting Studio, Dance Mix, Theater Group “Mask”, Little Masters, Modern Dance, Classical Dance, Artistic Workshops of OKCH, Chess, Instrumental and Vocal Classes, Ensemble "Kamychek", Learning to play the guitar, Learning to play the ukulele, Beautiful Polish, Russian, Pruszkow Children's University. At scientific meetings, children learned the world in a practical way, through observation, research and experimentation.
Boys and girls participate in:
Academy of Artistic Crafts, Capoeira, Ceramics, Russian Language, Artistic Smithy, Song Studio "Laboratory Mlodych", Mask Theater, Modern Dance, Art Workshops, Ensemble "Kamyk", Instrumental and vocal classes, Drawing and Painting Studio, Programming in C ++, Education playing the guitar, learning to play the ukulele.
Adults attend classes such as:
Academy of Artistic Crafts, Capoeira, Excell, Cabaret "After Thinking", Ensemble "Metaphor", Colombian dance, Ballroom dance.
Seniors are involved in:
Pruszk University of the Third Age, Computer from scratch, Vocal group Wrzos, English, Pilates, Healthy spine, Pilatans, Folk dances from all over the world, Drawing and painting.
* Museum of ancient Mazovian metallurgy im. Stefana Woydy (Muzeum Starożytnego Hutnictwa Mazowieckiego im. Stefana Woydy)
Museum of Ancient Mazovian Metallurgy Stefan Wojda in Pruszków is engaged in the study and protection of prehistoric heritage, unique in Europe, which is the Mazovian Metallurgical Center - the second largest metallurgical center of "barbaric" Europe.
Mazowieckie Centrum Metallurgiczne is a highly specialized metallurgical center of the late La Tène period and Roman influence (2nd century BC - 3rd century AD) located on Łowico-Błońskiej. Discovered in 1968 by Stefana Woydę, it is considered one of the greatest discoveries of post-war Polish archeology.
The museum organizes numerous promotional and educational events, is a meeting place for scientists and cultural figures, open to the local community. The museum seeks to arouse in society a genuine interest in the past and to instill a sense of belonging to culture.
Every year the museum offers more than 300 scientific, cultural and educational events. These include exhibitions, lectures and concerts, as well as very popular experimental shows and re-enactments, theatrical productions and workshops for different age groups.
In 2014, a new permanent exhibition was opened, balancing the latest technology with classic solutions, demonstrating the vitality and richness of the connections contained in the huge metallurgical settlements discovered by archaeologists. Through the use of modern forms of visual communication, the exhibition is designed to enable visitors to feel and experience the created narrative, to be in the center of events taking place in antiquity in today's Mazovia.
* Pruszkow Library (Książnica Pruszkowska)
The Pruszkowska Library is the oldest cultural institution in the city (older than the city itself) and one of the oldest public libraries in Mazovia. Its beginning dates back to 1903. She collects and provides her collections in the main building and 8 branches. Offers readers over 170,000 books and over 2,240 special collections. In addition, the Library has acquired access to the IBUK e-book platform and is making its collections available in digital form in the Mazowiecka e-library.
As a regional information center, Ksieznica Pruszkowska acquires books, magazines, social documents related to Pruszkow and Pruszkow County and develops regional bibliographies.
As a cultural institution, it promotes literature and reading. She inspires readers by organizing meetings with authors, exhibitions and competitions.
The Pruszkowska Library conducts a very developed publishing activity: 90 titles of books and the Pruszkowski magazine, published quarterly. Topics related mainly to Pruszków or the region concern local history and traditions.
3. Sports in Pruszkowie
The city has a well-developed sports and recreational infrastructure. There are two sports halls, one of which can accommodate 3,000 spectators (Znicz Sports Hall), two full-fledged sports grounds and the most modern indoor cycle track in Europe (Arena Pruszków), which hosts European and world championships in cycling. In addition, the sports base includes an indoor swimming pool, sports fields, jogging tracks, city bike paths, gyms and a skate park.
Let's talk about sports facilities in more detail:
Arena Pruszków is the only indoor cycle track in Poland and, at the same time, a modern building in the form of a sports and entertainment hall. Built in 2009.
Sports sections, mainly related to track cycling, train in the hall, various sports events and commercial events are held. The national track cycling team trains here every day. Pruszkowie is home to the headquarters of the Polish Cycling Association.
The track building is a multifunctional facility where, in addition to sporting events, conferences, music concerts, balls, banquets, presentations, fairs, and exhibitions are held. World and European championships in track cycling were held here
Arena Pruszków is located 15 minutes from the Chopin International Airport and 20 minutes from the center of Warsaw, at the intersection of the most important national roads S7 and S8 and the A2 motorway.
The arena is adjacent to the hotel, equipped with a conference and training center and restaurants, as well as a spacious car park. Surrounded by an indoor swimming pool with water park and beach volleyball court.
Znicz Sports Hall
Znicz Sports Hall has an auditorium for 3,000 spectators and an area of 64 x 34 meters. The object is adapted for holding sports competitions in the following disciplines: basketball, volleyball, handball, mini-football, tennis.
Balls and banquets for up to 1000 people can be held in the hall. The hall is divided into 3 sectors separated by curtains and has 6 dressing rooms and social office space.
Center for Culture and Sports (Centrum Kultury i Sportu)
Its scope of work includes the management of the following facilities:
The building of the municipal cultural center "Kamyk" (Miejskiego Ośrodka Kultury "Kamyk").
ZTL Pruszkowiacy, premises: an auditorium with 210 seats and a showroom with 392 seats.
halls: rhythmics, ballet, music, painting and sculpture,
sound recording studio,
gym and fitness with a sauna complex and a ricochet court,
rehabilitation and wellness rooms,
patio with climbing wall,
underground parking for 181 cars, surface parking for 138 cars.
Around the building: Nordic walking area, health path, outdoor fitness, recreation area and stream.
Stadium with a full-size football field with heating and lighting, stands for 1800 spectators, rooms for players
Sports hall with an auditorium for 3000 spectators, basketball and volleyball courts.
Complex of training fields with artificial turf, lighting and equipment
The center, as a multifunctional building, provides its residents with a space for culture, sports and entrepreneurship.
The Center for Culture and Sports is located at: st. Bohaterow Warszawy 4.
Swimming pool in Capri (Miejska Pływalnia Kapry)
At the pool, classes are held to learn and thoroughly swim in groups or individually, swim lessons in the UKS Kapry-Armexim, gymnastics for people of a frail age and water aerobics.
In addition, the object of equipping with numerous pools and attractions:
with dimensions of 25m x 12.5m and a depth of 1.35m to 1.80m with 6 swimming lanes and an elevator for the disabled. Water temperature: 28oC - 30oC
Swimming pool for pochatk_vts_v:
The pool of destinations for young coristuvachiv and for those who start their acquaintance with water. Irregularly shaped reservoir with a depth of up to 1.10 m with bovine massages, foot massages, two streams of water (a narrow one and a wide one) and a piece river. Water temperature: 29oC - 32.5oC
Swimming pool for children:
A children's pool is less for the smallest ventilators. Swimming pool with a size of 4 m x 3.5 m with a maximum depth of 0.5 m with excellent water in the shape of an "elephant". Water temperature: 31oC - 33oC
An ideal place for people who value comfort and comfort. The bathtub is made up of seven evenly pumped water jets and seventy small nozzles, like vibrating “bulbs” for additional pumps. Water temperature: 34oC - 36oC
Tse application, sheathed with wood. Yakіsnі kіvі vіgіvayut premіshchennya up to the temperature of 80-105оС, and the stones, laying on the oven, will ensure the steam creation, and also, the timchas's water content is 25%.
Girka - water trough:
Є dvіrki zavdovka 45m and 90m. For example, galmive baths were installed on the skin, so that you could calmly finish the hoarse descent.
Municipal swimming pool "Capri" is located at the address vul. Andrzeja 3 in Pruszkowie.
The sports and cultural infrastructure creates a wide range of organization opportunities in the area of mass entry.
4. Lighting in Pruszkowie
The city of Pruszków is consistently implementing the lighting policy, the zavdyaks are creating the best minds. We hope to learn the opportunity to learn from today's days with highly qualified sportsmen, to provide a wide sports base, various employment opportunities, innovative programs and solutions to give the opportunity for universal development. School objects are adapted to people with limited abilities.
The enlightenment of the city is presented to everyone in different ways. Tse doshkіlna, school osvіta (pochatkova and srednya), higher education. It is a sovereign (municipal) form of education and training, and it is also private.
Preschool education at Pruszkowie
The city has 65 child preschool deposits. Of these, 52 children's nurseries (including 16 children's nurseries) and 13 children's nurseries (including 3 children's nurseries).
Baby nursery (Żłobek)
Pruszkowie has 3 municipal nurseries. The city also has 10 private nurseries and 2 children's clubs.
Watching at the manger at the Prustsevichi is observed for children for a century from 20 years to the end of the initial fate, for which child there are 3 fates. In times of impossibility or difficulty in the care of a child with preschool education (in the case of children, who have a true development of a child, or a lack of space in a child’s garden), it is possible to look after a child to a 4th century. A child can be spent at the manger until 10 years of age per day. This term can be used in the case of priming.
Kindergarten children (Przedszkole)
Pruszkowie has 16 municipal kindergartens, including one integrative one. The city also has 19 private children's gardens, including one musical, one integration (Mali Olimpijczycy). Up to this next date, add 17 private preschool certificates (Punkt Przedszkolny).
School lighting in Pruszkowie
Pochatkovi schools (SZKOŁY PODSTAWOWE)
Pruszkowie has 12 cob schools, including 9 municipal cob schools, 3 nonstate cob schools.
At pochatkovy school №4 im. John Paul II to be held in the sports profile:
- individual sport: swimming and athletics
- team games: football and basketball
The city also has a special school and the lighting center named after. O. Jan Twardowski in Pruszkow This is a special school for students with a light, middle and important stage of rose-age, with multiple disabilities, with autism.
Secondary education in Pruszkowie (Liceum Ogólnokształcące)
There are 2 lyceums in the city (Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Tadeusza Kościuszki and Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Tomasza Zana).
There is also a Complex of Educational and Sports Schools (Zespół Szkół Ogólnokształcących i Sportowych) with departments of secondary education, sports secondary education and a sports gymnasium.
The school has classes in the following sports disciplines:
- basketball for girls and boys
- football for girls and boys
- volleyball for girls and boys
- handball for girls and boys
- martial arts
- sports swimming
Also in the city there is a School Complex No. 1 named after. S. Stasic. It includes:
* multiprofessional classes
* basic vocational school
* technical school, 4 years of study in the following specialties:
- construction technician
- road technician
- environmental technician
- IT specialist
- technical economist
- car specialist
Higher education is represented by the College of Physical Culture and Tourism them. Halina Konopackiej
Studying gives the right to work as a teacher, and the chosen specialty (correctional-compensatory gymnastics or sensory integration) gives additional competencies and qualifications for conducting subsequent classes at school. Students also receive the competencies necessary to perform the profession of a medical worker. There is a choice of full-time or distance learning.
In the classroom, students gain knowledge in the field of physiology, biochemistry, biology, pedagogy, psychology and anatomy. Students master the methodological and didactic skills necessary when working with young people and the people with whom they will work.
The graduate receives:
diploma of graduation from the University of Physical Culture and Tourism and a bachelor's degree,
upon request, a certificate of completion of secondary vocational education in the profession of a paramedic,
Leisure teacher or camp manager course completion certificate.
Students in this area of study can earn additional instructor and trainer qualifications within certain courses.
After completing the first degree physical education studies, graduates can continue their studies at the master's (second degree).
A graduate of the second stage of education is trained to work as a physical education teacher in schools, sports sections, physical culture institutions, local governments and governments, public organizations, research institutes and institutions engaged in counseling and dissemination of knowledge in the field of physical activity. The graduate is also ready to run a business on his own.
Master's degree graduates are awarded a pedagogical qualification, which gives them the right to work in primary schools of grades IV-VIII and in secondary schools (psychological and pedagogical training).
The graduate receives:
diploma from the University of Physical Culture and Tourism and a master's degree in physical education with psychological and pedagogical training necessary for work at school.
5. Social assistance in Pruszkowie
1. Municipal Welfare Center (Miejski Ośrodek Pomocy Społecznej)
The Center provides assistance at the place of residence to a person who, due to age, illness or other reasons, needs the help of other people and the family is unable to provide such assistance.
Care services include assistance with daily living needs, hygiene care, assistance with nursing, and maintaining cleanliness in the immediate vicinity of the patient.
When providing care services, the social assistance center determines the scope, period of assistance and payment through a survey.
2. Powiatowe Centrum Pomocy Rodzinie w Pruszkowie
3. Public self-help house of the National Association "Join us" in Chubin. This is a daily support unit for 30 adults who, due to illness or disability, require support in the social environment.
The institution provides self-care and social skills training, offers psychological and social counseling and occupational therapy.
4. Public Mutual Help Center "Na Gurce" of the Polish Association of People with Intellectual Disabilities "Kolo" in Pruszkow
The institution provides support and therapy to 25 people with intellectual disabilities. Through classes held in therapeutic laboratories, it provides participants with the opportunity to actively spend time and gain new experiences, while helping families of people with disabilities.
Pruszkowa Resident Card (Pruszkowska Karta Mieszkańca)
The Pruszkowa Citizen's Card is a program aimed at Pruszkowa residents. The card confirms the rights of city residents to receive benefits and preferences currently offered by organizations participating in the Pruszkowa Citizen's Card program.
Residents of the commune are eligible to participate in the Program and receive a Resident Card. Public transport is free for Pruszkowa resident card holders.
There are discounts for the Municipal Indoor Swimming Pool "Capri" Miejska Kryta Pływalnia "Kapry" and the Museum of Ancient Mazovian Metallurgy - admission is free.
A city ticket entitles you to a one-time trip on the trains of the WKD line in the so-called. "urban area" within the city of Pruszkowa, bounded by the following stations: Pruszków WKD, Tworki and Malichy.
By agreement with sponsors, discounts are provided for teaching English in a number of courses, for certain types of insurance, education in kindergartens, purchases in online stores and companies, for a number of medical services, some construction and repair services.
6. Medicine in Pruszkowie
There are 5 state medical outpatient clinics, a department of night and holiday medical care and an emergency department in the city.
Railway Hospital. Dr. Włodzimierza Roeflera
Poviat Hospital (also known as Szpital na Wrzesinie)
Mazovian Specialized Health Center prof. Jana Mazurkiewicza
Night and holiday care in primary health care is provided Monday through Friday from 18:00 to 08:00 the next day and around the clock on public holidays.
Health care in Pruszkowie is represented by the following medical institutions:
Independent public complex of medical centers in Pruszkowie
Mazovian Specialized Health Center prof. Jan Mazurkiewicz () Mazowieckie Specjalistyczne Centrum Zdrowia im. prof. Jana Mazurkiewicza)
Mazovian Rehabilitation Center "Stocer" Sp. s o. O. (Mazowieckie Centrum Rehabilitacji "Stocer" Sp. z o.o.)
Voivodship Center for the Treatment of Alcoholism and Codependency
Non-State Health Center "ESCULAP"
Non-State Health Center "Healthy Medical Clinic"
Private medical center "Pulse" Niepubliczny Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej „Puls”
Private medical center "Żbików" Medical clinic
Individual practice Kristina Wall (Indywidualna Praktyka Krystyna Wall)
Non-State Health Center Family Clinic
Private Medical Center Family Medicine Clinic No. 1 in Pruszkow
Private Medical Center Family Medicine Clinic No. 2 in Pruszkow
Dom-Med Medical Clinic
Eureka Medical Center (Centrum Medyczne Eureka)
Medical Private Health Institution (Niepubliczny Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej Medica)
7. History of Pruszkowa
Pruszków is the largest city in the Warsaw agglomeration after the capital. The city with a population of about 60,000 is located on the Łowico-Błońskiej plain, on the Utratą River, southwest of Warsaw. The first traces of settlements in the area of today's Pruszkowa date back to the Neolithic. In ancient times, the area around Pruszkowa was part of a center of metallurgical production, unique in Europe, and Pruszków, as a city, was mentioned in sources in the 15th century.
The beginning of the modern town was the small village of Proskowo (the oldest entry is from 1415) or Proskow (the entry is from 1421). The older one is Żbików, currently a district of the city, mentioned in 1297.
Initially it was a small village. Pruszków gained importance after the construction of the Warsaw-Vienna railway in 1845 and the division of land holdings. Here they began to build villas and cottages, industry developed in parallel. In 1857 a faience factory was founded, in 1877 the construction of railway workshops began (workshops for the repair of the Warsaw-Vienna railway). In 1881 the Factory of Boilers and Iron Structures was established, in 1889 the factory of pencils "Majewski" was opened. In addition, there were many brick factories in the area.
Previously, the nearby villages of Tworky and Żbików were incorporated into the city and became parts of it.
In 1905, and then in 1908-1910, strikes and demonstrations of workers took place. In 1910, Pruszków received the status of a factory village.
During World War I, October 12-18, 1914, there was a battle near Pruszków. During the fighting, the Russian troops managed to push the Germans to the west. The settlement received city rights on November 9, 1916. In 1918, a council of workers' delegates was created, and then a cell of the Communist Party of Poland.
In 1923, the sports club Znicz Pruszków was founded, in 1927 the Electric Suburban Railways were launched. A city power station was put into operation, railway repair plants were expanded, and the iron foundry was transformed into a machine-tool plant. In 1931, a powerful wave of workers' strikes swept through the city.
During the interwar period, Pruszków continued to develop as the largest industrial center in the suburbs of Warsaw. In 1919, the Association of Polish Mechanics from America founded a machine tool factory in the former foundry. In 1920, a power plant was launched, and seven years later an electric suburban railway ran through the city to Warszawy and Grodziska. In 1936, the first PKP electric trains started running on the Pruszków – Warszawa – Otwock route. On the eve of World War II, Pruszkowie already had 27,000 inhabitants and was one of the largest cities in Mazovia.
During the Nazi occupation, Pruszków shared the fate of other Polish cities. The resistance movement has been active here since the beginning. More than 1,000 inhabitants were shot, and the Jewish population (about 1,600 people) was killed or sent to death camps.
Almost 100 inhabitants of Pruszkowa died as soldiers of the Polish Army on the fronts of the Second World War and the same number of inhabitants of Pruszkowa died as soldiers of the Home Army.
In August 1944, on the territory of a closed rolling stock repair plant in Pruszkowie, the German occupiers organized a transit camp for Polish civilians, known as Durchgangslager 121 (Dulag 121). The camp gathered the inhabitants of Warsaw and the surrounding cities, expelled from their homes during and after the Warsaw Uprising. Between 390,000 and 410,000 people passed through the camp. These events are immortalized by the Dulag 121 Museum.
On August 5, an underground national council was created. On January 17, 1945, the Red Army entered Pruszkow.
The period of the Second World War did not cause much damage to the city itself.
After the war, Pruszkow began to develop industrially and became one of the largest centers of Mazovia. From 1945 until the restoration of Warsaw, it housed the provincial administration and the residences of many ministries.
In 1952 it became the seat of the county. After the war, thanks to the growth of industry, Pruszków became a place of residence for immigrants and doubled its population compared to 1939.
In the city, the plant for the repair of rolling stock was expanded, the plant for precision machine tools "Ponar" named after. On May 1, the Pruszków porcelain tableware factory and the insulation materials factory were expanded. In 1975 the city was awarded the Order of the Labor Banner of the 1st degree. At the same time, the first artificial ice rink in the vicinity of Warsaw was opened.
In the 1980s, most industrial enterprises were closed and small enterprises began to develop. The convenient location near Warsaw caused an influx of new residents into the city. This has led to the fact that the city of Pruszkow is currently the largest of the county-level cities included in the network of settlements of the Municipal Functional Center of Warsaw.
Monuments of the history of Pruszkowa:
Among the city's monuments are the classicist buildings of the first half of the 19th century: the manor's house and outbuilding (now the "Marriage Palace"), the carriage house (now the Museum of Ancient Mazovian Metallurgy). The city park with ponds is a former manor park from the early 19th century. The urban structure of the city is made up of multi-apartment and multi-apartment buildings, as well as individual residential areas, numerous parks, gardens and squares. Two neo-gothic churches from the early 20th century and historic buildings testify to the splendor that continues to this day.
For Pruszkowa, a Commune Monument Register was created, which included 158 objects, as well as a commune monument protection program. 78 objects are included in the Register of city monuments. The most important monuments of the city include:
• The Potulickich palace and park complex, consisting of a classicist palace and buildings of the manor wing, a coach house, a greenhouse and a glacier, was built around 1820 and, despite the transformations carried out in it, it is still the oldest spatial element of Pruszkowa and evidence of his homestead and farming origin. These objects have been converted into public utilities, which house the registry office and the Museum of Ancient Metallurgy with a city park.
• Palace "Sokoła" - built in 1867, is an example of a country residence, erected in the immediate vicinity of Warsaw.
• The Teichfeldów Palace - built in 1907, is an example of a manufacturer's residence, located in close proximity to his industrial enterprises. The remaining building is the last surviving building of the former factory complex.
• Parish Church of St. Kazimierza - built in stages in 1908-1938, combines brick Gothic elements with forms typical of northern Italian Romanesque architecture.
• Parish Church of St. of the Immaculate Conception of the Most Holy Theotokos, together with the presbytery building - built in 1906-1914, preserved in neo-Gothic forms, the so-called. Polish Gothic.
• Railway station - the station building was erected in 1924, built in the style of the so-called. Polish Renaissance. In 2019, the station was comprehensively modernized, retaining its historical character.
• The building of the hospital for psychiatric care. prof. Jana Mazurkiewicza in Tworkach, together with the park layout, is a super-local complex. The first part of the hospital was built in 1888-1891 in historical forms inspired by medieval architecture, with austere brick facades. During the interwar period, the hospital area was expanded and built up with new buildings in the manor and modern style (including the porter's house, community center and administrative building).
• Production complex of rolling stock repair shops - built since 1895, consists of workshop buildings located in a linear spatial arrangement and preserved in the forms typical of the industrial architecture of that time, inspired by medieval brick architecture. The most valuable object of this complex is the neo-Gothic administration building from 1899. During the war years, the transit camp Dulag 121 functioned on the territory of the plant, the remains of which are shooting towers, a guard bunker and a memorial site. The complex is one of the most valuable monuments of the city of superlocal importance due to the fact that it is the largest industrial complex of this type in Mazowszu, associated with important historical events.
• Garden and nursery complex Piotra Hosera with a villa and an arboretum - built in 1896-1898. It consisted of two parts: the southern part, which included the owner's villa and the surrounding landscape park (arboretum), and the northern part, which was the production part. The serviced buildings were made in a single, neo-Gothic style.
8. Population of Pruszkowa
In 2022, Pruszkowie had a population of 65,333, of which 30,727 (47%) were men and 34,606 were women (53%).
Before the data for 2020, there were 12,689 people in pre-working age (0-18 years old), 33,426 people in working age, and 12,790 people in post-working age.
In recent years, the number of inhabitants of Pruszkowa has been growing.
Over the past few years, Pruszkowie has maintained a significantly higher gap between the number of women and men. This is especially pronounced in the post-working age group, where women make up more than 68% of the Pruszkowa population (remember that the retirement age for women is 60 and their life expectancy is higher than that of men).
An important phenomenon worth noting is the good (compared to other urban centers) structure of economic age groups. Since 2016, there has been an almost equal number of people in pre-working age (from birth to 18 years old) in relation to people in post-working age (from 60 years old for women and 65 for men). This means that the city is an attractive place for young people to live, which allows you to safely plan for the future, both in terms of public services provided by local government, and the most important factor determining the functioning of the market from the point of view of investors and entrepreneurs.
The average age of the inhabitants is 40.7 years and is close to the average age of the inhabitants of the country and the Mazowieckie Voivodeship. The vast majority of Pruszków's inhabitants are of working age (33,426 people) and their number is at the level of 56.7% of the total population.
Residential neighborhoods Pruszkowa:
The city is divided into residential complexes:
Bąki is the northeastern part of the city, bordering Piastowem.
Gąsin - northwestern part of the city, Pruszków power plant.
Malichy is the northeastern part of the city, bordering Piastowem.
Ostoja - southeastern part of the city
Residential complex Staszica (A and B) - the western part of the city
Tworki - City Center, Psychiatric Institution
Osiedle Parkowe - city center, park and Potulickich manor
Residential complex Prusa - southern part of the city
Wyględówek - eastern part of the city
Żbików is the northern part of the city.
Śródmieście - the central part of Pruszkowa, including incl. Park „Kościuszki”
9. Public transport in Pruszkowie
Public transport in Pruszkowie consists of 9 routes.
The city is connected with the capital by bus line 817 – Warszawa Dw. Zachodni-Pruszkow Os. Staszica
Night line N85 connects Os. Staszica with the Central Railway Station in Warsaw.
Buses run to all corners of the city and to neighboring cities such as Piastów, Ożarów Mazowiecki and Komorów.
Bus tickets can be purchased at kiosks and from the driver. The purchased ticket entitles you to an unlimited number of trips on public transport buses within 90 minutes. Holders of the Pruszkowa Resident Card or the Pruszkowa Large Family Card are entitled to free travel on public transport organized by the City of Pruszków.
The railway station in Pruszkowie is located in the city center at ul. Sienkiewicza. The renovated building houses the ticket office, ticket machines and service points. The station has an information system for passengers, consisting of screens displaying the nearest train departures and voice messages. Travel time by train from the center of Warsaw to Pruszków is less than 30 minutes. The very dense network of SKM and Kolei Mazowieckich trains makes rail access to Pruszków extremely attractive.
Getting to Pruszkowa is very convenient by car. This is possible thanks to the A2 motorway, which runs through the northern part of Pruszkowa. The junction with the Pruszków motorway allows you to quickly leave in the direction of Warszawy, Łodzi or Poznania. In the immediate vicinity of Pruszkowa, there is also the S8 expressway, which provides quick access to Wrocławia and Katowic.
Pruszkow is directly connected to the center of Warsaw Aleje Jerozolimskie, which is one of the most important communication arteries of the capital. You can get to the center of Warsaw by car in about 30-40 minutes.
The road network in the city consists of public roads, which, according to their purpose, are divided into national, voivodship, district and city (municipal) roads. The classification and length of the roads are as follows:
• 12,275 km of provincial roads (7%),
• 21,614 km of county roads (13%),
• 124,642 km of municipal roads (74%),
• 9,596 km of internal roads (6%).
10. Economy Pruszkowa
The city of Pruszków is located almost in the central part of the Warsaw agglomeration and thus is characterized by strong economic, infrastructural and social ties with the capital of the country, which makes it an area with great development potential.
Pruszków's location close to road and rail interchanges provides easy access to the city and good communication with Warsaw.
In the north of the city there is the A2 motorway, which is connected by the Pruszków junction, and in the immediate vicinity of the city there are important national roads connecting Mazovia with other parts of Poland. Access roads lead to the intersection, which increases traffic, incl. on the bridge over Lost. The PKP railway line from Warsaw to Katowice, the Warsaw suburban railway line from Warsaw to Grodzisk Mazowiecki and the S-Bahn connecting the city to Warszawą and Otwockiem pass through the city.
In the functional-spatial structure of the voivodeship, the city of Pruszków was included in the city functional zone of Warsaw (MOFW) as an urban regional center, strengthening the polycentric structure of the voivodeship. For this reason, it is characterized by strong ties with the capital of the country. This has both positive and negative consequences.
Due to the proximity of the metropolitan center, residents and businesses move to the suburbs and, thanks to the flow of information, the development of the transport network and the availability of services, these areas begin to develop economically. As stated in the Strategy for the Development of the Mazovian Voivodeship until 2030, the Warsaw agglomeration is the center of political life, public administration, economic and international cooperation, it functions as a leading center of science and higher education, culture and specialized healthcare.
The city of Pruszków is characterized by a high rate of entrepreneurial development. More than 10 thousand business entities are registered in the city. The large investment interest in the city among entrepreneurs is due to its proximity to Warsaw, good transport links (PKP, WKD, A2 motorway), proximity to airports and lower land and rental prices compared to Warsaw.
The dominant industry in the city is wholesale and retail trade, which accounts for over 24% of all entities operating in the city. The development potential of the city's enterprises can be strengthened, among other things, by creating loyalty programs for residents and raising the level of communal business premises.
The availability of the technical infrastructure network in the city is very high. In 2020, 90.79% of the population had access to the water supply network, 87.96% to the sewerage network, and 79.52% to the gas supply network. In areas not covered by the sewerage system, wastewater disposal is based on the collection of wastewater in septic tanks.
Until 1989, the city was a significant center for the electronics industry, vehicles, mechanical engineering, building materials, as well as the chemical industry and fine ceramics. At present, it mainly functions as a residential, manufacturing and service center.
The dominant functions in the city are: housing, services and industry. The largest area is occupied by green areas and surface waters (25%), individual residential areas (21%) and communications (18%). Single-family housing is distributed throughout the city in the form of neighborhoods and includes, for example, the neighborhoods of Ostoja, Malichy, Tworki, Gąsin Mieszkaniowy, Żbików-Bąki. The western part of the city is mainly industrial and warehouse areas. It is also accompanied by green spaces and, to a lesser extent, residential buildings.
Industrial and production areas, still scattered around the city (Warszawskie Zakłady Zielarskie "Herbapol", "Inco-Veritas" S.A. Pruszków Branch "Celia" Produkcji Kosmetyczno-Pharmaceutyczna in Pruszkowie) are successively transferred to the industrial area or liquidated. The largest industrial and production site is Millenium Logistic, which occupies the former premises of the Rolling Stock Repair Plant.
Areas with service functions accompanying residential development are located throughout the city, with the highest concentration of services in the city center and include education, health, sports, government, commerce and culture services.
We list all the enterprises created earlier in Pruszkowie:
Industrial enterprises founded at the end of the 19th century:
Pencil Factory "Majewski St. i S-ka"
Faience factory of Jakub Teichfeld, later porcelain ware factory "Pruszków".
Brick factory Żbików Hoser brothers
Ultramarine plant "Sommer i Nower"
Freight wagon repair shops, later ZNTK Pruszków
Of the above factories, only the pencil factory is operating today.
Industrial enterprises founded at the beginning of the 20th century:
Thermal power plant (1914)
Machine tool factory, later industrial plant "1st Maja" in Pruszkowie.
Of the above enterprises, only a thermal power plant is operating today.
Industrial enterprises founded in the second half of the 20th century:
Herbal plant "Herbapol" Pruszkow
Daewoo Electronics Manufacturing Poland Sp. s o. O.
Siltec factories, solutions in the field of thermal information and radio communication (since 1982)
Plants of the Norwegian company Kongsberg Automotive, production of components for the automotive industry (since 2000).
Hospitality industry in Pruszkow:
More than 50 restaurants and cafes are engaged in public catering in the city. Among them are restaurants of Polish, Italian, Indian, Vietnamese, Turkish cuisine. Numerous pizzerias, sushi, kebab establishments.
There are 3 hotels - Hotel Anton, Hotel Victor, HOTELik A2.
11. Nature in Pruszkowie
The great advantage of the city is the presence of valuable natural landscape areas. The most important of them are the valley of the Utrata River and part of the valley of the Raszynka River, which are part of the Warsaw Protected Landscape Area, as well as the following parks: City Park (Park Potulickich), Park of Culture and Leisure "Mazowsze", Park Kościuszki (Park Sokoła), Anielin Wschodni , Anielin Zachodni, Żwirowisko, Hosera Park, Różana Square, Północny Garden, Park in the forest complex at the psychiatric hospital in Tworkach. Some parks also contain historical architectural complexes. These include, among others: the Potulickich palace and park complex, the Sokoła Palace, the building of the specialized psychiatric care team named after. prof. Dr.
Jana Mazurkiewicza in Tworkach. The city also has undeveloped communal green spaces, for example, in Wyględówku, near the Hali Arena, on the banks of the Utratą, Raszynką and Żbikówką.
The city of Pruszków is distinguished by high natural values. In Pruszkow there is a fragment of the zone of the Warsaw Protected Landscape Zone, established on the basis of the Decree of the Mazowieckie Voivode of August 29, 1997. It occupies the central part of the city. The entire territory is divided into 3 zones, and the city of Pruszków belongs to the zone of ordinary environmental protection. The zone covers the channel of the Lost River with the adjacent meadow ecosystem and consists of part of the forest park zone, the territory of the Potulickich Park and the Anielin Park.
Other forms of conservation found within the city are monuments of living and non-living nature, including single trees, groups of trees, and an unstable boulder. Tree species that are natural monuments in the city include: maple, drooping birch, pedunculate oak, small-leaved linden, white, gray and Canadian poplar, Polish larch, English elm, European ash, black alder.
The boulder is located in the exhibition area of the Museum of Ancient Mazovian Metallurgy.
Other green areas in the city are forms of arranged gardening, which are understood as artificial ecosystems that may depend on human activities for their existence. They include, for example, parks. In the city of Pruszkow it is:
• Potulickich Park - occupies an area of 23.25 hectares, located in the central part of the city and part of it (about 14 hectares) is included in the register of monuments. The park was created in the second half of the 20th century, it has a city square and a water system consisting of 4 reservoirs connected by canals and a complex of the old Utraty riverbed with a complex of reed and reed communities. These are valuable natural areas due to the habitats of fauna, especially birds, and natural monuments found there.
• Park of culture and recreation "Mazowsze" - occupies an area of 10.98 hectares, located in the part of the city of Żbików, connected with the water complex, consisting of two reservoirs. The park is a place of recreation for the residents of the city, characterized by high landscape and aesthetic value.
• Park Kościuszki (Park Sokoła) - covers an area of 4.26 hectares and is located in the central part of the city. The northern part of the park is under the protection of monuments. There is a walking route through the park, which is a popular place for walks of the townspeople. In addition, the park functions as a "kindergarten" with playgrounds.
• Park Anielin Wschodni - covers an area of 2.63 hectares, is a series of green areas connecting the park Potulickich with the park Anielin Zachodni.
• Park Anielin Zachodni - has an area of 1.5 hectares, located at st. Wojska Polskiego and connects the Anielin Wschodni park with the territories adjacent to the Utrata river.
• Park Żwirowisko - has an area of 2.41 hectares and is located in the residential complex Bolesława Prusa. This is a place of rest for the residents of the complex. It is especially valuable because of the reservoirs located on its territory, which are a refuge for animals.
• Park Hosera - covers an area of about 2 hectares, located in the Żbików area. It is privately owned and is a unique arboretum, part of the ornamental plant nursery complex.
• Różana Square - an area of about 0.5 hectares, which separates residents from the troubles associated with the railway.
• Garden Północny - covers an area of 4.7 hectares and is located along the river Utraty and st. Poznańskiej. It is characterized by a dispersed tree system, has high spatial and functional values, and is one of the few large undeveloped sites in the Utraty river valley.
• The park in the forest complex of Tworki Psychiatric Hospital - it has a dense forest stand with various species of trees and shrubs, which is a refuge for many species of animals, there are also oxbows of the Utraty River, the whole park is naturally wild and disordered. On its territory there is a historical cemetery, entered in the register of monuments.
Tree-lined cemeteries, of which there are 6 in the city (Żbikowski, Pruszkowski, Żydowski, Tworkowski, Komunalny, Piastowski) with a total area of 23,016 ha, also belong to the forms of landscaping.
In addition, there are landscaped areas (3 objects) with a total area of 5.8 hectares, landscaping of streets - 15.5 hectares, landscaping of residential areas - 61 hectares.
Another form of greenery available in Pruszkowie is home gardens, which change from vegetable to ornamental.
Is it possible to bargain for housing in Warsaw?
The cost of real estate in Poland in the third quarter of 2023
Warsaw in 2023. Official data.