Maybe you have already faced the problem of renting an apartment in Poland, maybe the process of renting is still ahead.
Why Poles often do not want to rent an apartment to foreigners. Let's see why this happens.
The main reasons are as follows:
1. Negative reputation of foreign tenants.
The real story was told to me by the owner of one apartment. His friend rented an apartment to foreigners. A month later he comes for money. Nobody opens. He opens the door with his key. And there is nothing that was before. Even sockets...
I saw with my own eyes a house in which the tenant even removed the linoleum and the doors...
Another friend said that in his practice there was such a case. After a while, the police arrived at the apartment. She opened the door. And there are more cigarettes and alcohol than in a specialized store. The fact is that in Poland the prices for alcohol and cigarettes are much higher than in neighboring countries. And "tenant-entrepreneurs" openly sell assortment through social networks. The police in Poland are working. And to calculate the place of residence and the "warehouse" is not difficult.
2. It is difficult to communicate with a foreigner. Almost all older people in Poland know Russian, but few people want to remember it. The fear of not finding a common language with the tenant stops many landlords.
3. Optional foreigner. There are frequent cases when potential tenants simply did not come to the show and did not inform about it in advance.
In my practice, the reasons for not arriving were as follows: “It started raining”, “The phone ran out of power” or just for no reason ...
4. Unstable work situation.
Why do people rent apartments. Because they don't live there. The apartment is either not needed now, or it was specially bought for renting out, that is, generating income. If a foreigner does not have a job, it is often very difficult to rent an apartment. In the presence of funds in the required amount, the attractiveness of such a tenant is greater. But often not enough to rent him an apartment. The owner wants to rent out and receive money consistently every month. And a foreigner can find a better job in another city and leave early.
5. Those hosts who want to rent for a year or more are most often afraid to rent to students. Because the student is usually only until the summer.
6. Someone has come across the fact that one person rents, but they live much more, for example, 6. The fact is that in Poland the rent depends on the number of residents. It's also cheaper for the tenant. Why pay more...
7. It is very difficult to rent an apartment for pregnant women and families with a small child. The fact is that such a tenant is difficult to evict, even if he does not pay for many months. But this abuse is common among Poles. Foreigners have not heard of this. In their countries, in the old fashioned way, this issue was resolved in a jiffy.
8. Cultural difference.
If you have difficulties in renting an apartment or you want to simplify this process for yourself. Please contact our agency: +48 574 672 833.
Investment rating of Warsaw Leading European real estate analysts in November 2021 compiled a rating of the largest European cities and capitals on the overall prospects in the real estate sector
Data on the quarterly change in prices for residential real estate in Warsaw for the period 2006 - 2021 (PLN/sq.m)
Residential real estate in Warsaw in 2020 Average offer prices for apartments in Warsaw in March 2020 [zloty/sq. m]